It’s our routine to walk in our office( dnata) premises post lunch and chat about some random topics ... Today It was nice to recall some fond memories about our school days.
I remembered one of my favorite teacher Sr.Marcelena who taught me Math, while I was doing schooling in a convent run by nuns. Math became my favourite subject in my high school beacause of her wonderful teaching skills.
She is not only a teacher but also an Social activist. She had spent her earlier days in Nigeria generally in poverty stricken regions. Not only Sr.Marcelena, other teaching staffs also have been active in social activities in and around Africa.
Talking about Sr. Marcelena, she keeps things simple and understandable. Makes us to work out problems taken from various text books and also makes us to work as a team.
She has a great command over English, and very kind and impartial towards all the students.
As I am writing the blog, I am missing my teacher very much, don’t know where she is now.
The concept of gifting a hero pen and bril ink to all who got promoted to 10th Standard was a usual thing during those times. Talking about pen, I generally have liking for black ink, Also, it was worth the wait to get a camlin geometry box as a prize.
Nevertheless, I am not sure why we were taught to draw a perpendicular line for a line - http://www.mathopenref.com/constperplinepoint.html :) the whole class was expert in drawing figures using compass.. The famous one was the rangoli design. I was fun to create images from spread ink by folding the paper.
Sr.Marcelena taught me the complex Congruency, without her I wouldn’t have grasped it easily. Math was a piece of cake for me because of her. She shared her African experiences with us, which was joyful.
I remember the sentence which she often says “ Africans are black, but their heart is white”, they are very good.
Today’s walk became a very memorable one.
This blog is written in fond memories of my math teacher- Sr.Marcelena.
Tribute to Srinivasan M :)
ReplyDelete