Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yellow Bikes

We had covered almost anything we can cover in our Nedherlands trip.Everyone expects to have a view of atleast the Sex museum,red light street and the city main square. We had already covered that and were astonished of the fact that prostitution is legal in that part of the world.those whoever go for it consider it as a part time job or just a fun.

Anyways we dint have any option left as to where we have to go next. Once you are in Nedherlands you should not miss its beautiful lakes,the big windmills,poultry farm,and the green fields -said one of my friend.There was this yellow bikes which my friend wanted to try. We should ride our bicycle for a stretch of 8 hours continously through the Northern part of Nedherlands.We would be headed by a  guide who will give us lecture on the various things which we will see during our ride.We had a group of visitors who wanted to bike and it was a multinational crowd which had gathered to try the tour.
It was fun when we started the tour. The crowd rode through the green fields and narrow lanes in the fields - through steep curves and  elevations ,we rode our bicycles and got wondered at the beauty of Nedherlands.Nedherlands like other European countries is so rich with its greenery and big Jersey cows. Milk products are very famous here,infact all European countries are very famous for its milk products.I love cheese,especially the kind of pungent smell it has. I had added a few extra pounds and had such lovely chubby cheeks at that time.I miss those chubby cheeks now.
By the way , the ride was very funny at the beginning. We were racing with each other . There was  Canadian family of four.There was this shaitan kid who was racing with us. Really he is a shaitan beacuse though he is so puny this little kid had good stamina and he stood first. The Canadian family were riding the bicycle with such enthusiasm. The guide took us to a countryside restaurant where they served traditional Holland food. We had something which looked like our South Indian dosa. The Nedherlands dosa was a sweet to be eaten with icecream and strawberry.It was yummy.
Hours went on and on.Among the team I was the only person who was very tired and was devoid of any stamina to ride further.I was not able to pedal my bike any further. On the top of it,the whole team speeded up and I was left far behind. The guide started getting frustrated about me. One of my friend also started getting exhausted of the ride and started shouting- "arey kyaa re..mar gayi mei" ...but the guide was getting frustrated about our Hindi.. On the top of everythign ,cold wind started blowing pushing us further behind the team. Now I know why Nedherlands is famous for its huge windmills. We both couldnt pedal any further as the wind was pushing us more behind.. Atlast we reached a junction where without considering the traffic signal I simply crossed the road  with full speed..P-my friend shouted at biggest of her voice.Its the first time I am getting abuses from her. I was so tired I dint have patience to check for traffic signals..I would have got hit by a car whihc was coming in my direction with full speed..
On and on we went and the guide told us that now we are returning back.I felt a sigh of relief. On the way I sawa bridge whihc we had crossed when we started the trekking. I got so happy ,only by seeing this bridge. Because now I know we are ultimately going to wind up this tiresome trip.I speeded my bike and there I fall in the middle of the road. I got scratches all over my hands and knees..All who were on the road came for my help and told me "Be careful"... "Arey i will be careful from now on not to try these kind of adventures - arey mar gayi mein" - it was fun.It was a pathetic situation he he ..
Atlast we winded up the bike tour. the next day my roommate complained that she couldnt sleep that night because I was snoring loudly.. I was very tired of the bike tour.How will I not snore?

No comments:

Post a Comment